Cadillac Fairview to Launch National Black Friday Program
Malls across Canada will extend hours and offer promotions on November 29, 2013
Toronto, ON (November 4, 2013) – After kicking off the holiday season with a bang in 2012, The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is pleased to announce extended hours and that retail promotions will be expanded nationally on Black Friday, November 29, 2013.
A total of 21 properties from across the country will open early for shoppers: Toronto Eaton Centre at 6:00 a.m., 15 properties at 7:00 a.m., and five properties at 8:00 a.m. To kick-off the day, each property will give away $10 Cadillac Fairview SHOP! CARD® to the first 100 shoppers to arrive at Guest Services.
“Canadians want to experience Black Friday, whether it’s for the first time or as an alternative to shopping in the U.S.,” said Wendy Greenwood, Director of Marketing, Ontario Portfolio. “Shoppers’ expectations are constantly being raised and Cadillac Fairview properties provide the unique retail experience that Canadian shoppers are looking for. We are proud to have developed a platform to keep shoppers, and their holiday shopping dollars, in Canada.”
Traditionally Black Friday is held in the United States on the day following American Thanksgiving, and is largely regarded as the start of the holiday shopping season. In 2012, Cadillac Fairview was the first to offer Canadians a widespread Black Friday option, including extended hours, sales and promotions comparable to those traditionally found in the U.S. As a result of the 2012 Black Friday campaign, participating retailers at nine Cadillac Fairview properties in Ontario and Manitoba saw a significant increase of sales and traffic.
"Cadillac Fairview is once again raising the bar in the Canadian retail landscape,” said Agnès Ciccarelli, Director of Marketing, Eastern Canada Portfolio. “Our national Black Friday campaign will provide Canadian consumers with a first-class shopping experience, offering a large selection of sales and promotions from top-tier brands. Black Friday is the perfect day for our guests to kick-start their holiday shopping and maximize their budgets, while shopping for family, friends, and co-workers."
For a complete list of participating shopping centres and more information, please visit shops.ca.
• Pacific Centre, Vancouver - Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Richmond Centre, Richmond - Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Chinook Centre, Calgary - Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Market Mall, Calgary - Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Polo Park, Winnipeg- Open 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Fairview, Toronto- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Fairview Park, Kitchener- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Lime Ridge, Hamilton- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Markville, Markham- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Masonville Place, London- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Promenade, Thornhill- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Rideau Centre, Ottawa- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Sherway Gardens, Toronto- Open 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Shops at Don Mills, Toronto- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Toronto Eaton Centre, Toronto- Open 6 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• TD Centre- Open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
• Carrefour Laval, Laval- Open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Fairview Pointe Claire, Montréal- Open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Promenades St-Bruno, Montréal- Open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Galeries d’Anjou, Montréal- Open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
• Champlain Place, Moncton- Open 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
About The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is one of North America's largest developers, investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. With a portfolio valued at more than $21 billion, Cadillac Fairview and its affiliates own and manage nearly 44 million square feet of leasable space at 76 properties across North America, including some of Canada's landmark developments, such as Toronto-Dominion Centre, Toronto Eaton Centre, Pacific Centre and Chinook Centre.
Cadillac Fairview is wholly-owned by the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, which invests to secure the retirement income of 303,000 active and retired teachers in Ontario.
(416) 640-5525 x230
® a registered trademark of The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited.